Re: [Gnash] Redirecting output

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Redirecting output
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:29:01 -0600

Joan Planas Illas wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to embed flash animations into a PyGame screen so I decided Gansh would be the best solution. Is there the posibility to redirect the output to a PyGame surface (SDL surface)? And if possible (I think so), what should I do?

I'm not a Python programmer, but Gnash will take an X11 window ID from PyGame and use that as the window to render in. Now that's the XID, not an SDL surface. If you need access to an SDL surface I think it'd have to be part of the Gnash executable. Gnash doesn't explicitly use SDL surfaces, it uses OpenGL directly to do it's rendering.

        - rob -