Re: [Gnash] Extreme CPU usage

From: Richard Aspden
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Extreme CPU usage
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 01:37:03 +0100

Slightly offtopic, but I've had some recent experience with this.

It all depends on your operating system. If you're on Linux, try getting
the proprietary ATI drivers from (under Drivers &
Software, Linux). I believe there are details on there on how to
install. If you're on *BSD or anything other than Linux (like me!), or
want to go the open source route, you'll have difficulty. There's
experimental DRI support in the Mesa CVS tree I believe for the R300 and
above processors (Radeon 9500 and above) - see and for more

There's a (slightly broken) alpha of the fglrx drivers on *BSD, but it's
very alpha quality (and broken on current Xorg I believe).

Hope that helps.