Re: [Gnash] function tracing

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] function tracing
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:47:15 -0600

pintoo chikhaliya wrote:

> First of all, I tried to use Debugging API provided with Gnash. But it
> gives segementation fault.

  Which debugging API ? The logging one ? The logging one is used
heavily in Gnash, and I hadn't noticed any problems with it.

> after immediately entering and before exiting our functions.

  The GNASH_REPORT_FUNCTION does this for all C++ methods it's used in.

> Even though I follow all the steps mentioned in the article, the  function
> tracing does not work.

  On GNU/Linux systems, you can use wrappers replacing the default
function at linking time. I used to do this all the time testing
embedded systems.

> How can I instrument my one file in all the source files?

  Use printf or cout. :-) I forget the name, but there is a utility
program that instruments a file to print tracing statements.

        - rob -