Re: [Gnash] Firefox plugin fails to build...

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Firefox plugin fails to build...
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:35:31 +0200

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 07:43:47PM +0200, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
> On Thursday 29 June 2006 18:29, Brynet wrote:
> > *Unsubcribing now.. nice job supporting linux only :(*
>
> Your comment demonstrates ignorance and immaturity.
>
> Ignorance because the project maintainer actually spends a great deal of
> time making sure Gnash works on many platforms, including the BSDs.
> There is no doubt in my mind that the problems you encountered are of
> temporary nature.

I can somehow justify the guy in that gnash has been "sold"
as more mature then it is. I wouldn't have versioned first
release 0.7, for example. Anyway, don't feed the trolls...

> Immaturity because starting drama is not helping anyone. If anything, it
> will make us _not_ want to work on support for your platform. Luckily
> for you, though, you aren't the only person using OpenBSD, so we won't
> hold your antics against the operating system.

I'm personally not working to make any specific user happy, but
rather to have a piece of free software able to play a well-known
bytecode on all known free operating system. No criticism push make
me unwilling to support BSD :)

--strk;