Re: [Gnash] xara backend

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash] xara backend
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:16:25 +0200

Hello kfs1,

I had some mail exchange with Charles Moir from the Xara development
team. The drawing engine ("CDraw") is currently *not* GPL licensed and
will be the last part of the software that will. So we have to be a
bit patient.

In the meantime I could test Gnash with some self created movies and
it worked very well.

We are currently setting up a dedicated development machine so that we
can start developing a new framebuffer based backend in the near
future. It will probably become a DirectFB backend, but we still have
to decide.

Later, when CDraw is GPL'ed, that may come as next step, maybe.

Udo

kon> Hi i'm wondering how this is going? :)
kon> (http://www.xaraxtreme.org/about/performance.html)
kon> and also wondering if it will be long to next release :)

Udo