[Gnash] SDL_SetVideoMode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

From: Michael Fötsch
Subject: [Gnash] SDL_SetVideoMode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 23:41:45 +0200

Hi all,

I just compiled gnash-0.7.1 and get the following error when I run it
from the command line:
        SDL_SetVideoMode(400, 120, 16, SDL_OPENGL) failed: Couldn't find
matching GLX visual

Does anyone of you know what might be causing this?

Running Gnash as a Firefox plugin, I get this:
        X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for
operation)
          Major opcode of failed request:  142 (GLX)
          Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
          Serial number of failed request:  15

(Obviously, the messages are different, but I assume there's a common
cause.)

I have no idea how I should go about solving this, so I'd be grateful
for any insights you can offer.

Kind Regards,
M.F.