Re: [Gnash] Gnash CVS build - strange issues on ppc

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash CVS build - strange issues on ppc
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:17:31 -0600

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 09:34:04AM +0200, Wojciech Owczarek wrote:

> PowerPC is definitely big endian. I don't remember having any other big
> endian machines (like SPARC) within my reach right now, but I'll
> take a look arond. It seems like the problem is with text

  I have a PPC based G5 that dual boots Yellow Dog Linux and Darwin. I'm
traveling right now, so I unfortuantely can't verify this bug for 2 weeks
till I get home. Too bad I didn't leave it powered up when I left... It
is entirely possible there are subtle issues. Flash by default is big-endian,
but Gnash of course was developed on little-endian machines.

  What distro are you running ? My Linux installation is unfortunately screwed
up, (the display drivers are all weird) so I think I'm going to try a
different distro. Gnash does build on Darwin-PPC now, so I'll use that if I
have to. The mac gui drives me nuts though.

        - rob -