Re: [Gnash] Gnash cannot legally play animations created with MM tools?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash cannot legally play animations created with MM tools?
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 21:17:16 -0700

Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote:

> I just read this on OSNews.com at:

> I wonder what is the position of the Gnash project to the above
> statements. Perhaps someone from the Gnash project could enlighten the
> rest of us?

  It's just an individuals personal interpretation of the Flash EULA. I
don't believe this is accurate, that you can't use any player but
Adobe's. Most people up on this subject interpret the EULA as you can't
*work on* Flash technologies like Gnash.  That's why none of the Gnash
developers use the commercial Flash tools at all. There is zero way a
license we've never agreed to effects us at all.

  More reasons to have a truly free Flash player...

        - rob -