Re: [Gnash] Re: Time for a new gnash release?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: Time for a new gnash release?
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:22:10 +0100

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:39:13AM -0500, Gerald Britton wrote:
> I agree with Perter on this.  I installed gnash for a while on my
> ubuntu amd64 box.  However, it worked so poorly (didn't work for
> youtube, e.g. and often ran at 100% cpu) that I removed it.  Since
> then (last fall) I've been waiting for an announcement of a stable
> release before trying it again.

I view your response as reinforcing my argument... According to you the
previous release was not usefull since it didn't lead you to follow
the CVS version or help with gnash development. youtube still doesn't
work but people are working on it, and I don't think that a release now
would drag in more developpers. Currently, in my opinion, gnash don't
need more user, which means more test coverage, but more developers.
I may be wrong, though.

--
Pat