[Gnash] kde-gnash high cpu usage when using konqueror

From: Itamar Axelrod
Subject: [Gnash] kde-gnash high cpu usage when using konqueror
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:05:50 +0200

Hi all,

I'm using Konqueror web browser on embedded debian-based MIPS machine.
I'd noticed that when I load pages with flash content, the kde-gnash process is invoked - and takes nearly 50% of cpu usage.
This causes other running application to "choke".
I'm aware that this could be a result of the entry-level MIPS cpu, but, still, 50% cpu usage is outrages - and on simple flash animations as well!
I used apt-get to get the latest version of the kde gnash plugin.

Am I missing something?
Any suggestions?

Thanks!