Re: [Gnash] Adobe EULA

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Adobe EULA
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 12:51:19 -0700

Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> Do you know what happens when somebody installs the flash player and
> then uninstalls it? Is that person still unable to contribute to Gnash
> then?

  He have no idea. Anyone want to make a contribution for a lawyer ? :-)
 A liberal interpretation would be that as long as you didn't actively
use the Adobe plugin for reverse engineering, including testing
compatibility, you'd be ok. We've maintained the more restrictive
interpretation, which is you're cursed for life. :-) Better to be extra
careful, than screw up Gnash's legal status. Course most of the Gnash
developers aren't in the US, but it's still better to be cautious.

        - rob -