Re: [Gnash] RMTP client as a library for libCurl?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] RMTP client as a library for libCurl?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:54:33 -0700

Dave Crossland wrote:

I hope Gnash can make an announcement when the RTMP code is published
in the CVS tree - there seems to be a lot of interest in this library

  Our RTMP implementation is already in cvs. :-) See gnash/libamf.

functionality and I'd like to contact libCurl people and suggest to
them that they might like to implement RTMP again in some way.

I have an RTMP in Curl implementation I wrote, but moved all the code to libamf so I could use RMTP on the server side of things for Cygnal. Curl is only a client side library. At one point I could use curl to download FLV videos.

The XBMC guys feel Gnash has too many dependencies (although it runs
on small embedded devices...) but using libCurl to download the FLV

Any multimedia package has many dependencies, and often the packages Gnash depends on have other dependencies. But anyway, "too many dependencies" is sort of like saying "I just don't like your software"...

Also, +1 for keeping the RTMP library under full GPLv3 to encourage
other projects to upgrade to it :-)

  Yes, since it's part of Gnash, it's GPLv3.

        - rob -