Re: [Gnash] Youtube in latest release

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Youtube in latest release
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:03:41 +0100

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 02:40:28PM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> Youtube doesn't seem to play again for me with 0.8.2
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/423865
>
> """
> with latest gnash, klash, (0.8.2-1) various plugins and these packages :
> gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad, gstreamer0.10-plugins-base,
> gstreamer0.10-plugins-good, gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly; I get no video at all
> in Youtube (from konqueror or from iceweasel).
>
> The only thing I get (attached) is something like "the end" of the video, with
> only "Share this" and "replay".
> """
>
> I've just checked and it happens the same for me. When I tried the CVS
> version in 2008-02-12 it worked, so something might have changed since
> then without me acknowledging, does it work for you?

The url reported in the bug is this:
http://www.youtube.com/player2.swf?video_id=IpVWZePn1Y8&l=150&t=OEgsToPDskIqzhmEKDDl-rNOf3v4yP7q&soff=1&sk=5qdorp44QwfJl5CqSPPw0wC

That's not necessarely a valid url as the video_id parameter expires,
and is recomputed by the youtube guys in an attempt to make direct access
harder.
Check your gnash log file, the vide_id probably points to an unexisting file...
Get a 'watch' url instead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGkQkVQt7ak&feature=bz302

--strk;