Re: [Gnash] Use Gnash In Java Project

From: Craig Kelley
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Use Gnash In Java Project
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:59:33 -0600

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Sercan PARLAK <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm developing a project in java on ubuntu (i'm new to java and ubuntu). I
> have to use flash player. But i can not find out anything. I wonder if i can
> use gnash in my project (jframe or jwindow).

You could look into; you'd
basically want a GDK drawable that Gnash's gtk GUI can write to.  I
suspect that you will need to do quite a bit of JNI coding to get this
to work; it's not something that will be trivial.

You could also write a JNI/Java GUI for Gnash.  The renderers use  a
uint_8 byte array to "draw" on.  There is nothing stopping a JNI GUI
from translating that to a JFrame (even via shared memory).

Good luck; sounds like fun.

-- finger address@hidden for PGP block