Re: [Gnash] Using gnash to parse SWF file

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Using gnash to parse SWF file
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:01:31 -0600

Meryl Silverburgh wrote:

Is it possible to use gnash to parse SWF file? Getting all the tags,
action scripts, timeline, images, image url.
i understand the implementation for SWf 8,9 is incomplete, but what
about if i just use it for parsing? Does gnash allow me to do that?

While you could use Gnash to do this, as it does sortof support this in debugging statements, there are easier tools to do this with. Ming has listswf, and I often use flare and flasm to do this.

        - rob -