Re: [Gnash] youtube status on ppc in bzr

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] youtube status on ppc in bzr
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:06:04 +0200

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 11:56:41AM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 07:37:59AM +0200, Benjamin Wolsey <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > It looks very much like a segfault in
> >
> > gnash::media::VideoDecoderFfmpeg::frameToImage(AVCodecContext*, AVFrame
> > const&)
> >
> > A proper backtrace would be more helpful, as it would give the actual
> > line number. Have you tried with other video streaming SWFs such as
> > http://klaus.geekserver.net/flash/video.swf ? It's easier to get a
> > backtrace from than the plugin.
>
> That fails as well.
>
> > Please submit a bug report at
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnash, marked 'Security' so we can
> > track this more easily.
>
> Lame question: how to get a backtrace in case of gnash?
>
> (I guess gdb --args firefox is NOT something I should do.)

For a simple movie like the geekserver one:

  gdb --args gtk-gnash http://klaus.geekserver.net/flash/video.swf

For more complex one you can export GNASH_OPTIONS=waitforgdb
before starting firefox, then start firefox from the commandline.
You shoul dthen get a message on stdout instructing you
about how to attach gdb to the spawned gnash process and make
it go on.

--strk;