Re: [Gnash] Gnash output to an OpenGL texture

From: Erick Mendez
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash output to an OpenGL texture
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:55:19 +0200

Thanks a lot Craig, the Cairo renderer might indeed be what I am looking for. Though probably not as powerful on content creation as flash.

Anyhow, thanks again for the hint.

Craig Kelley wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Erick Mendez <address@hidden> wrote:

I have a quick question. Is it possible to instantiate gnash from my own
application and have the output directed to an opengl texture (say, by
Framebuffer objects)?

I don't believe you can specifically do that now(perhaps with the
Cairo renderer??) -- but you can easily access the RGB data that AGG
outputs and write some code to put that on whatever surface you want.
Take a look at the code in the gui/ directory for how the various
display engines access it (or the "dump" command-line option that
ouputs raw RGB frames).

Good luck, it sounds like a cool project.