gnats-prs

Re: gnats/295: Query problems with gnats/gnatsweb 4

From: Lars Henriksen
Subject: Re: gnats/295: Query problems with gnats/gnatsweb 4
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:22:55 +0100

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 03:05:04AM -0500, Andrew Gray wrote:
> I am going through the open GNATS PRs and found this one:
>
> http://bugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&pr=295&database=gnats
>
> The PR shows an email from Milan to you, but I haven't found a
> response. Was the problem resolved?

No, it wasn't. The PR contains an error on my part (the query expression
should have been quoted), but the problem remained. There were a couple
of mail exchanges:

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-gnats/2001-November/002319.html
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-gnats/2001-December/002621.html
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-gnats/2001-December/002713.html

The first thread is mostly concerned with other matters, and I had not yet
narrowed the problem down. In the second thread, there is a sample
session showing failing regexps. When I moved from the native compiler
to gcc, the problem disappeared. That was on an Alpha system.

Recently I ported to a HP-UX system and I had exactly the same problem.
Well, almost. The native compiler gave me a gnatsd that wouldn't accept spaces
in regexps. But I have yet to try gcc out.

Lars Henriksen