gnats-prs

Re: gnats/384

From: yngves
Subject: Re: gnats/384
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 05:53:24 -0500

Synopsis: mkdb should fail for a remote database

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->yngves
Responsible-Changed-By: yngves
Responsible-Changed-When: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 05:53:24 -0500
Responsible-Changed-Why:
-

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: yngves
State-Changed-When: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 05:53:24 -0500
State-Changed-Why:
There was some discussion on the help-gnats mailing list about this. Mel Hatzis
warned against the change, since his site uses network mode exclusively. Still,
the docs clearly state that the path field of the databases entry for a remote
database should be empty, so checking that in order to find out if a database
is local or not should be OK.

We may need to revisit this if we rip out local mode at some point.