gnats-prs

gnatsweb/483: Spurious audit trail entries from unchanged multitext fiel

From: robert
Subject: gnatsweb/483: Spurious audit trail entries from unchanged multitext field
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:13:50 -0400

>Number:         483
>Notify-List:
>Category:       gnatsweb
>Synopsis:       Spurious audit trail entries from unchanged multitext field
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have multitext field being audit trailed, and am
getting audit trail entries when the field does not change.

My bet is that it is related to white space in the
multitext field not being trimmed/normalised properly.
>How-To-Repeat:
Configure a multitext field with "add-audit-trail" in
its "on-change".  Then edit a record with a non-blank
value for that field through gnatsweb, and submit the form unchanged.
>Fix:
Unknown