Re: [Gnewsense-dev] suggestions for Yeeloong 8089A and D-- kernel

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] suggestions for Yeeloong 8089A and D-- kernel
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:34:56 +0100

Giuseppe Sacco ha scritto:

> Just out of curiosity: why don't you suggest relatime instead?

<D--> I never imagined anyone was using their yeeloong as a professional
audio studio.
<D--> Since that's the only reason to even compile a realtime kernel

<D--> sorry, it just seems ... a little crazy to me to be doing
something like multitrack audio recording on a low-power netbook with
shitty onboard audio. You want a real studio rack with a sound card
designed for that.

<D--> Besides, this is Free software. He always has the freedom to patch
my patched kernel to add rt support and distribute his own version :)
<D--> to be honest, I was thinking about changing the setting to remove
pre-emption and run at a slower tick cycle
<D--> there's a chance it could improve battery life, but I wasn't sure
how it would affect audio in some games
<D--> Now, if someone can give me a source that says the jerky video on
loongson would be fixed by a realtime kernel, then I'll have a realtime
kernel out tomorrow.

- --
Graziano Sorbaioli --
Join the Free Software Foundation:
Supporters will receive our new USB membership card with gNewSense Live

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)