Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong specs]]

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong specs]]
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:30:38 +0100

Graziano Sorbaioli schreef:
you can update your pmon:
download http://dev.lemote.com/drupal/sites/default/files/pmon-LM8089-1.3.7.bin,
(in fact we have put many update informations in dev.lemote.com, but
mostly only in Chinese for now)

update it according to the pmon manual(available in gnewsense wiki),for
example,put it in /boot/,
break into pmon command line,type
  pmon> load -r -f bfc00000 /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/pmon-LM8089-1.3.7.bin

Be careful that don't make mistake, otherwise it is possible to brick your
Yeeloong(of course fixable by open the case, reburn the eeprom use
hardware).

Thanks for the info, Graziano. I took the plunge and the update was successful. The bootloader now understands the dir command and shows a boot menu. I can also see my other partitions now. The only thing that doesn't work is the path command.

I took the liberty of adding a link to the image on the GNewSenseToMIPS wiki page.