[Gnewsense-dev] new gNewSense/MIPS netboot & archive

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] new gNewSense/MIPS netboot & archive
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:05:25 +0100

Hi!

I rolled a new netboot image, and corrected a number of issues in the archive.
What we have now:

  - tasksel didn't work (package selection wasn't automatically installed).
    It's quite messy to work with tasksel anyway, so I got rid of it, and
    now use preseeding for package selection instead.

  - wireless was mistakenly disabled by deblob, fixed now (thanks to DJB
    Clark for pointing it out).

  - renamed distroname (lenny -> mipsel-l)

  - fixed a few package conflicts.

Note: I experienced stability problems that sometimes brought Linux down when
performing a full (+desktop) install.  Therefore the desktop components are
not enabled by default, you have to install them manually afterwards:

  apt-get install gnewsense-pkgsel-desktop

Note2: for those who already installed with an older version, the current URIs
for sources.list are:

deb http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-mipsel-l/pruned-upstream mipsel-l
main
deb http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-mipsel-l/pruned-upstream-security