Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: new gNewSense/MIPS netboot & archive

From: junyi.hit
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: new gNewSense/MIPS netboot & archive
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:56:21 +0800

address@hidden 写道:
Hi Robert,

Here my report:

    * - Put vmlinux and initrd.gz in a USB disk (in the example I used ext2)
      - Get to pmon2000 prompt and type:

     load /dev/fs/address@hidden/vmlinux
      initrd /dev/fs/address@hidden/initrd.gz
      g console=tty no_auto_cmd

  - Follow installation process in D-I.

Debian Installer:

(...)

Error #1: "Partition disks":
Message: "Logical Volume Manager not available"
Action: "Continue"

Step : "Partition disks" / Partition method
Option: "Manual"

Selection: #4 primary
Use as: "Ext3..."
Format the partition: "yes..."
Mount point: "/"
Bootable flag: "off"
"Done setting up the partition"

Selection: #2 swap

"Finish partitioning and write changes to disk"
"Write the changes to disk?": "Yes"

Messagebox: "Configuring linux-image-2.6.27.1-libre-medan"
Message: "Create a symbolic link to the current kernel image"
Selection: "Yes"
Messaage: "Do you want to abort now?"
Selection: "No"

Messagebox: "Continue without boot loader"
Selection: "Continue"

Boot methode #1 from PMON2000 prompt:

load /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.1-libre-medan
g console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/hda4

Result: error0

Boot methode #2 with boot.cfg:

title GNewSense mips-l - hda4
        kernel (wd0,3)/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.1-libre-medan
        args console=tty root=/dev/hda4 no_auto_cmd

or

title GNewSense mips-l - hda4
        kernel /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.1-libre-medan
        args console=tty root=/dev/hda4 no_auto_cmd

Error message: "The selected kernel entry is wrong. System will try default
entry from a1"

Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

Hi!

I rolled a new netboot image, and corrected a number of issues in the
archive.
What we have now:

  - tasksel didn't work (package selection wasn't automatically installed).
    It's quite messy to work with tasksel anyway, so I got rid of it, and
    now use preseeding for package selection instead.

  - wireless was mistakenly disabled by deblob, fixed now (thanks to DJB
    Clark for pointing it out).

  - renamed distroname (lenny -> mipsel-l)

  - fixed a few package conflicts.

Note: I experienced stability problems that sometimes brought Linux down when
performing a full (+desktop) install.  Therefore the desktop components are
not enabled by default, you have to install them manually afterwards:

  apt-get install gnewsense-pkgsel-desktop

Note2: for those who already installed with an older version, the current
URIs
for sources.list are:

deb http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-mipsel-l/pruned-upstream mipsel-l
main
deb http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-mipsel-l/pruned-upstream-security
mipsel-l main
deb http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-mipsel-l/overlay mipsel-l main

--
Robert Millan

How much time did the D-I process cost? I came across a long time pasue at the "select and install
software", which is 91% of it. And I met all the messages you metioned except the ones after reboot,
since I have stopped at the 91% of the "select and install software", which says "preparing
dpkg-dev". thanks.