Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: new gNewSense/MIPS netboot & archive

From: junyi.hit
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: new gNewSense/MIPS netboot & archive
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:40:40 +0800

address@hidden 写道:
Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 08:55:16AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
Hi Robert,

Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

Hi!

I rolled a new netboot image, and corrected a number of issues in the
archive.
Your procedure is successful!
I got a working system out of the box with the login prompt in ttyx.

I did the post-install of gnewsense-pkgsel-desktop

Then, the Xserver crashed, so that I postinstalled the
xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion_2.2.8-lemote.r03_mipsel.deb (see
http://dev.lemote.com/drupal/node/49) and copied a xorg.conf from another
working yeeloong installation.
X should work with stock packages if you set it to use fbdev:

 Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Driver          "fbdev"
        Option          "Usenks FBDev"              "true"
 EndSection

this is much less hassle.  I'll see what I can do to automate it.

I added the "fbdev" option and downgraded the xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion
to the initial 1.1.6.0-1 version from the mips-l repository.

I modified the xorg.conf as metioned in the mailing-list, and got into the desktop successfully. I found that the screen refresh rate cannot be modified, it is 0Hz. I set it in the xorg.conf as ubuntu's method and it seems not work. I've installed the package "xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion_2.2.8 <http://dev.lemote.com/debian-loongson/pool/main/x/xserver/xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion_2.2.8-lemote.r03_mipsel.deb>".

Does anyone come across the same problem?

Thanks.
Thanks you again

Samy