[Gnewsense-dev] Re: new gNewSense/MIPS netboot & archive

From: junyi.hit
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: new gNewSense/MIPS netboot & archive
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:44:21 +0800

Same number (O Hz) in the gns mipsel installation and in the debian installation
(netboot install similar to gns mipsel)
However, the installation resulting of the shows the normal
frequency (60 Hz).

This said, the refreshing of the screen is comparable in the 3 installations,
who are similarly responsive.

I tried to copy the xorg.conf of loongson2_debian5_2009xxxx.tar.bz2 to gNewSense and got the 60Hz refreshing number, and the file manager and browser and other manipulation seem good. I found that the differences between the xorg.conf of loongson2_debian5_2009xxxx.tar.bz2 and the one on gNewSense are approximately as follows: 1. Section "Monitor", the loongson2_debian5_2009xxxx.tar.bz2 has HorizSync and VertRefresh arguments and the gNewSense does not have; 2.Section "Device", the loongson2_debian5_2009xxxx.tar.bz2 has Driver named "siliconmotion" and some other arguments and the gNewSense does not have. Maybe this is the cause. Any ideas?