Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gnewsense mips-l sources.list

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gnewsense mips-l sources.list
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:34:10 +0100

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:32:05AM +0100, Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:

> Yesterday thanks to a great help by #gnewsense-dev people I was able to
> install gnewsense mips-l in my yeeloong.
>
> My question:
> I read on the mailing list something related to a faulty siliconmotion
> video driver hosted on dev.lemote.com.
>
> I read also someone saying that repository should be commented or deleted.
>

> I always thought dev.lemote.com contained hardware drivers not available
> on debian (or gnewsense) repositories.
>
> Could you explain me a little bit this situation?

siliconmotion driver doesn't work.  fbdev always does, since it relies on the
graphics driver used by Linux throurough the boot process.  Since installing
siliconmotion prevents X from falling back to fbdev when that fails (sigh),
installing the xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion package is actually counter
productive.

I've adjusted the install process so it won't be dragged in.  This should be
a non-issue now.

--
Robert Millan