Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: low wifi connectivity (rtl8187)

From: yanhua
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: low wifi connectivity (rtl8187)
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 10:29:00 +0800

The chip vendor have their considerations. They have no plan to port it to the main kernel tree. we have tried it ourselves. But it just didn't work as the vendor providing driver.

For the long run, we will do it. It may take a long time.
zhangfx 写道:
The problem is, current usable driver is from hardware vendor, they maintain a modified deprecated protocol for the driver, it will conflict with the trend of mainstream, can hardly be accepted into main stream.

The proper way is to fix the issues of main stream driver(there is one). But we lack of documents to do this. By comparing vendor's driver and the main stream might lead to a solution, but it is not easy because some issues seems quite tricky.

Regards
Robert Millan 写道: