[Gnewsense-dev] Gnote added to mipsel-l, please test

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Gnote added to mipsel-l, please test
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 16:31:53 +0200

Hi,

As you know, in my work for mipsel-l I've been trying to make its default
setup behave as close as possible to the i386 version of gNewSense.  One
of the differences that haven't yet been reconciled is that gNewSense/i386
installs Tomboy (the note-taking application), which is not available for
mipsel [1].

Fortunately, someone has recently ported Tomboy to C++.  The new application
is called "Gnote", and since it derives from the same codebase, has essentially
the same behaviour and features as the original Tomboy.  It's also somewhat
faster and less memory-hungry ;-).

I made a package of Gnote, backported it to mipsel-l, and verified that it
works.  Before adding it to the standard package selection, I'd like to ask
if gNewSense / Yeeloong users could try it and confirm it's in a usable
state.  I'm specially interested in people who would use it for their
day-to-day tasks (I just tried the basic stuff, not day-to-day usage).

Thanks!

[1] A relief, if you ask me.  Tomboy is written in Microsoft .NET, and
    therefore installing it would drag in all the patent-encumbered
    crap ...

--
Robert Millan