[Gnewsense-dev] Re: [gNewSense-users] Webapps infrastructure

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [gNewSense-users] Webapps infrastructure
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:16:44 -0400

Karl Goetz wrote:
> Daniel Clark <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Lots of people are, although I'm not sure it would be necessary if
>> gNewSense choose to move to it (since I am, perhaps densely, missing
>> the need for separate wikis / ticket tracking systems / codebases -
>> what is there other than builder?)
>
> Currently, we have the following 'sections' in the BTS:
> - mips-l
> - main
> - universe
> - livecd
> - website
> - builder
> - general
>
> Some may be redundant, but at least distro/builder/website/general
> would be nice.

That's easy in trac BTS. In trac the concept of project is tied 1:1 only
with the sources in version control (that you want to keep in seperate
instances in version control for some reason, like non-DVCS changeset
numbers being nicely incremented) - so I guess the question would be,
which of these projects has (or should have) seperate version control
repositories?

If you don't mind codebases for several projects in the same version
control tree, and just in general, take a look at how
http://trac-hacks.org/ does multiple projects.

> Not sure if we would need to have new tracs for each of these, or if
> trac could handle them as sub projects somehow (I havent had time to
> setup trac here for testing yet)

If you just want to play around from a user point of view I can set up a
"sandbox" trac instance for you on config.fsf.org in about 10 minutes.
Or using the http://config.fsf.org/packages/ repository and the beta
gNewSense 64-bit (as long as it's based on Hardy... forget if it's Hardy
or Etch based at the moment), and IRC, we could probably get you up in
less than an hour; I'd be happy to just schedule a time to do that :)

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny