[Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense deltah i386 2.2 running with QEMU 0.10.5

From: Andreas Salwasser
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense deltah i386 2.2 running with QEMU 0.10.5
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:27:51 +0200

hello, I've got some problems running the live cd with QEMU.

I use the following to start the VM:
qemu -kernel-kqemu -localtime -m 256 -hda QEMU/gNewSense.img -cdrom
ISOS/gnewsense-livecd-deltah-i386-2.2.iso -boot d

it starts, but really slow (compared to VirtualBox), after it runs the
local boot scripts it shows the following message:
Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode
Your screen and graphics card could not be detected correctly. To use
higher resolutions, visual effects or multiple screens, you have to
configure the display yourself.

After that message, I click 'Continue'.

Low graphics isn't the really problem, but it seems that after this, it
doesn't go any further, just like it freezes.

The system on which I run this is Slackware 12.2, I have QEMU 0.10.5
with kqemu-1.4.0pre1 installed, build with the scripts from
slackbuilds.org.

I've also installed Debian over netinstal with QEMU, works just fine.

I have also Debian and gNewSense with VirtualBox running, but want to
switch to QEMU, because of the easier setup of networking.

Anyone have experienced similar or got some advice for me?

thanks in advance,
Andreas

--
.o. Jabber: address@hidden