Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense teams, know your new homes

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense teams, know your new homes
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 20:35:28 -0500

El lun, 06-07-2009 a las 21:31 +0200, Sam Geeraerts escribió:
> Suggestions:
> - The How to help page should be limited to an introduction to the
> teams. I'm not sure how different that should be from what it is
> currently, but it makes sense to move the list of members to the team pages.

I can move them if you all agree.

> - The status colors probably look nicer if they fill the whole table cell.

I tried to do that but I couldn't :(

> It's logical to have the translators as a subgroup or project of local
> teams. However, I see the local communities as much broader than just
> translating. They should be similar to Ubuntu's Loco Teams. Initially
> the teams probably mostly consist of translators, but if we confirm that
> situation by describing the teams as such then that limits their
> potential to grow beyond that.

No, I don't want to limit local communities to translation only.
Actually, I agree with you. And I think they should be responsible of
the creation of local structures similar to what we have now, with their
own developers, writers, translators, artists, etc.

So, what I suggest is to create a Localization Team with the same layout
as the other teams. In this team's pages we could have general
guidelines and list links to all local communities. For example, the
Spanish community link would take to the wiki in Spanish; but from that
point, each community take care of guiding their people: users or
contributors.

> Agreed. I suggest that people remove the entry from Current projects
> when they've added it to the team page, so that we know when that page
> can be properly deprecated.

OK, I'll add a visible note to that page then.