Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense update: app-install-data-commercial

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense update: app-install-data-commercial
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:28:20 +0930

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:17:34 +0200
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz schreef:
> > On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:04:05 +0930
> > Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Its a regression, so its now highest priority.
> >> Wonder what I've done ....
> >>
> >> Thanks for the bugreport and investigations. I'll look at it when I
> >> can (next few days).
> >> kk
> >
> > Looks like it was a broken archive push. Should be ok now (Bug is
> > closed in any case).
> > kk
>
> Cool. Not having app-install-data-commercial hangs the installer when
> trying to install third party applications, but they're mostly
> non-free applications, so we shouldn't have that list anyway. Hence
> http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00309.

This appears to be a hang over from having downloaded the list. if you
remove the files it should be happy again.
rm -iv /var/lib/apt/lists/*commercial* should work. (Note I don't have
the lists here, so I'm not sure of the correct filenames).
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au