[Gnewsense-dev] Kernel on Yeeloong and initrd

From: Ziro
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Kernel on Yeeloong and initrd
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 09:30:11 +0900

Hello,

When I tried to apt-get upgrade the kernel from version
2.6.27.7-libre-10.00.Custom to 2.6.27.7-libre-10.00.Custom on Yeeloong,
the installation script said that version of the kernel does not work
without initrd and I need to install a bootloader.

Currently I run the old version of the kernel on Yeeloong without
initrd although the package provides an initrd, because booting from
PMON via the variable `al' does not seem to support initrd loading (I
cannot use boot.cfg because I made the first partition of the internal
hard disk a swap partition by mistake.)

Does the new kernel really fail to work without initrd?

Thanks,
--
Ziro <address@hidden>