RE: [Gnewsense-dev] homemade linux-libre kernel repo

From: Elias Angulo
Subject: RE: [Gnewsense-dev] homemade linux-libre kernel repo
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:40:50 +0000

Well, i think it have some advantages, as it can be updatet automatically by the system.. I will have the repo uptodate as soon new versions come. People with my repo enabled in his sources.list will only have to do:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and if they have a previous version of linux-libre kernel all will be Ok right?

I think its better than checking each time a new kernell appears. I have fixed the 'source downloading issue' in some way, you can download the source as a normal .deb package, with apt-get install instead of apt-get source.

> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:32:34 +0930
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] homemade linux-libre kernel repo
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 08:15:58 +0000
> Elias Angulo <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, i built a homeserver to host fully free packages in special
> > linux-libre-kernel. I could take charge of the maintenance of the
> > repo and of keeping the server up. If someone is interested in adding
> > it to his/her sources.list here they are:
> >

> > #deb-src source/
> > #deb binary/
> What does this offer over ?
> kk
> --
> Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
> Debian contributor / gNewSense Maintainer
> No, I won't join your social networking group

¿Quieres los nuevos emoticonos en 3D? ¡Descárgatelos gratis!