Bug 309 (b43) (WAS: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Partial patch to gen-kernel)

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Bug 309 (b43) (WAS: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Partial patch to gen-kernel)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:21:42 +0930

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:54:28 +0200
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz schreef:
> >> Secondly, the search string as it is now doesn't take the
> >> whitespace in the code into account. I think that it should be
> >> something like:
> >>
> >> s|.*b43err...to "\n.*"http...firmware "\n.*and..\\n");|See...|;
> >
> > Are you able to help test that theory?
>
> I've attached an improved version of the sed script. It takes the
> whitespace into account and actually prints the replacement string
> like the original.

I've applied the patch in SVN.

(hardy-CHROOT-security-i386)address@hidden:~/linux-working/linux-2.6.24#
strings ./debian/build/custom-build-openvz/drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.o
|grep "wiki.gnewsense.org"
See http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Wireless for instructions on
installing free firmware for this device.

Sorry about the wrapping. Basically, it works, and will be fixed in the
next kernel update. Thats being blocked by the ATY part of this
thread :)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)