Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Two non-free programs in gNewSense

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Two non-free programs in gNewSense
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:29:35 +0200

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 02:28:05 -0400
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> These programs need to be removed -- could you please ack when
> they are gone?

> Subject: Re: Problems found in free distros
> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rub=E9n_Rodr=EDguez_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E9rez?=
> <address@hidden> To: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 12:35:31 +0200
>
> El vie, 14-08-2009 a las 22:31 -0400, Richard Stallman escribió:
> > Also, Daniel Oliveira told me today in private about the problems he
> >     found in Trisquel and gNewSense, which were the inclusion of
> > d4x and ivman.
> >
> > Can you tell me what these are?
>
> d4x is "downloader for X", a download manager. Its license says "This
> Program is free but not GPL!!! You can't modify it [...]".
>
> ivman, a "daemon to auto-mount and manage media devices", is not
> explicit about the license used. It was also orphaned, so it is not
> easy to fix upstream.
>
> Both are included in the Ubuntu main repositories, and excluded in
> ours. ------- End of forwarded message -------

I'm unable to find where both are. On ubuntu's packages site, they say
both are in universe repo:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/d4x
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/ivman

But while looking for them with
apt-cache:

apt-get update
apt-cache search d4x
apt-cache search ivman

none of them appear. May they have been removed already? Directly
looking for them on gNewSense repos:

http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/d/
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/main/i/
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/universe/d/
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/pool/universe/i/

gave no result as well. Where could we find them?

Christophe