Re: [Gnewsense-dev] support for the fuloong 2f

From: Ferdinand Hauck
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] support for the fuloong 2f
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:43:59 +0200

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 09:47:39AM +0930, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > I've compiled the linux-2.6.27.7-libre kernel for my Fuloong, this
> > works well together with the Gnewsense metad distribution.  The
> > differences between the configurations is available here:
> >
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~crono/config.diff
>
> What are the diffs taken between, if not our metad kernel? Linux libre
> upstream builds?

That is the difference between the kernel configuration files (.config),
not the kernel source itself (admittedly my previous post was not very
clear on that).  However, I use different options than what is used for
the kernel binary included in metad.  The diff might nevertheless be
useful to indicate which settings needs to be changed when building a
kernel for the Fuloong, even though this is rather straightforward.

The kernel source package included in metad was used without changes.
This is why I believe it would be worth the effort to support the Fuloong
as well.

Best,
Ferdinand