Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Status of Documentation Team projects

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Status of Documentation Team projects
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:56:51 +0200

Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo schreef:
Hello all,

This e-mail is just to inform you that I have created a Documentation
Set page[1] which contains a list of the manuals that we decided to
write[2] for the Help System of gNewSense.

The idea is to link this Documentation Set from the Documentation link
in the main menu of the website. I've being reorganizing the current
documentation[3] so that it is properly categorized in the Documentation
Set. The work is not complete but I'm keeping on it.

Note that most of the manuals will be WikiTrails to help improve
navigation through its pages. These WikiTrails work as digital books,
they have a table of contents and each page has navigation to the
previous and next pages.

Once again I'm pleasantly by your work. It almost makes me think that PmWiki doesn't suck after all. :)

In the future, when the Test-drive and Installation Manual[4] is
updated, I'd proposed to add a note in [3] to refer people to the new
documentation set if they want to contribute with documentation.

You mean like to attract beta-testers and reviewers?

Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

1. http://wiki.gnewsense.org/DocumentationSet/DocumentationSet
2. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2009-08/msg00078.html
3. http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Documentation
   and http://wiki.gnewsense.org/