Re: [Gnewsense-dev] grub-yeeloong

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] grub-yeeloong
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:37:37 +0100

Robert Millan schreef:
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:19:34AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 11:31:58PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
Hi,

A new grub-yeeloong package has been pushed and will be available with
next archive rebuild.  Please try it out if you can.
Pushed new version.  This one provides grub-install script, which should make
the install process simpler:

  sudo grub-install /dev/hda

then simply instruct PMON to load /boot/grub.elf.

I tried it out myself today.  There are still a few minor quirks (which are
being addressed).  After a bit of workaround:

  http://robertmh.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/grub_on_yeeloong.jpeg

I've just finished a new install myself. After a "load /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/grub.elf" I'm getting the grub menu, but just with plain looks instead of the gNewSense theme. Maybe that's because I only did a standard system install instead of the full desktop install.

Kudos go to Vladimir Serbinenko for such crucial effort in the development
of GNU GRUB for mipsel.

+1