Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: linux-image-2.6.32.1-libre-lemote and -2.6.31.8-

From: Wu Zhangjin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: linux-image-2.6.32.1-libre-lemote and -2.6.31.8-libre2-lemote
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:11:20 +0800

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:19 -0500, Daniel Clark wrote:
> Daniel Clark wrote:
> > Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> >> They're now available from the apt repository at
> >>
> >> deb http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/lemote/gnewsense metad
> >> main
> >>
> >> Once you set it up in sources.list, you'll be able to do:
> >>
> >> # apt-get install linux-image-2.6.31.8-libre2-lemote \
> >>                   linux-image-2.6.32.1-libre-lemote
> >>
> >> Now, beware: 2.6.32.* kernels require you to add machtype=8.9 in the
> >> boot command line in order to deal with lemote yeeloong laptops
> >> properly, as in, reporting battery, powering off, and probably more.
> >>

> > FYI for me, the 2.6.32.1-libre-lemote when combined with a backport of
> > network-manager 0.7 -
> > http://config.fsf.org/misc/yeeloong-n-m-backport.tgz - work well 100% of
> > the time with both of the WPA access points I have access to at the
> > moment. (Previously, one worked about half the time and the other not at
> > all - lxo incidentally the novatel mifi works great now).
> >
> > Tonight I hope to test in the other environment I've seen yeeloong wifi
> > suck, locations with a bunch of different APs with the same essid (such
> > as college campuses).
> >
> > For network-manager 0.7, make sure that none of your external network
> > interfaces (eth0, wlan0) are listed at all in your
> > /etc/network/interfaces file - if they are, 0.7 will not manage them.
> >
> > The backport required no porting work, it's just compiled from the
> > lenny-backports sources.
> >
> > If included in gnewsense (which I think it really needs to be, at least
> > on mipsel), we'll want to verify / make sure that nothing other than the
> > loopback interface gets stuck in /etc/network/interfaces on a clean install.
> >
> > Woo-hoo, working wifi! :-)
>
> Seems to be some problems after coming back from hibernate (suspend is
> fine, but then suspend doesn't seem to actually suspend all that much
> judging from the fan still running).

Hmm, Sorry, Just found I need to touch the hwmon subdriver to fix this
problem(fogot to ensure all of the source code follow the hwmon
interface after the last commit!). A new commit is applied into the
linux-loongson/2.6.32/stable branch. Thanks!

> I'm investigating, but if others
> have time tonight this would be a good thing to look at; I'm guessing
> the pm scripts just need to be tweaked somehow.

There is no problem with the pm script ;)

Thanks & Regards,
        Wu Zhangjin