Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32.2-libre-lemote and 2.6.31.9-libre2-lemote

From: Wu Zhangjin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32.2-libre-lemote and 2.6.31.9-libre2-lemote
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:42:22 +0800

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 10:05 +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Wu Zhangjin schreef:
> >> My wifi doesn't come back when coming out of suspend. NetworkManager
> >> says that network is disabled and doesn't list any interfaces. rtl8187b
> >> still shows up in lsmod.
> >
> > Which version of NetworkManager are you using? you should use the one >=
> > 0.7.xxx.
>
> Sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm using 0.7.1. But I tried again a few
> times today and it's working now. I also played around with bootloader
> things yesterday, including adding and removing machtype=8.9. I don't
> know what it was originally,

machtype=xxxx is used to select the machine specific support to share
the same kernel image among the lemote loongson2f family of machines.

with the latest linux-loongson/2.6.32/stable(from the rt4ls git
repository), machtype will not be needed for I have applied a patch to
get the machtype from the PMON_VER=LMXXXX kernel command line
automatically. but of course, if you indicate the right machtype=xxxx,
there is no side effect, and this machtype=xxx will be passed by the new
PMON.

and to "Alexandre Oliva", we are free to ignore the machtype stuff from
now on, perhaps you can try to compile a new binary package when the
mainline 2.6.32.3 is released.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
        Wu Zhangjin