[Gnewsense-dev] Re: FN-leftarrow

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: FN-leftarrow
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 06:51:22 -0500

Niklas Cholmkvist wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> <snip>
>> It also generates a character, <F14>.  <snip>
>
> Maybe this information could help someone who is working with that
> particular kind of software?

Yeah, we should have a "how to report bugs" wiki page or something; it's
often really nonobvious what the appropriate bug reporting venue for any
given problem is.

I'm guessing the various Fn-something in console problems rms is having
at the moment are due to replacing console-tools with console-setup,
which was needed to get ctrl/caps lock swapping and unicode on the
console working, but perhaps also has the effect of making random stuff
like this not work any more from console virtual terminals.

rms - I forwarded your original message to address@hidden - it's
probably not a gNS bug. Without having time to look at it more at the
moment (the fsf server room seems to have been visited by the grinch
several hours ago), I'd guess it is an upstream (non-distro-related)
console-setup enhancement request.

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny