[Gnewsense-dev] Linux-libre 2.6.32.2 options needed by powertop for yeel

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Linux-libre 2.6.32.2 options needed by powertop for yeeloong
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:53:58 -0500

I'd like to see if anyone sees any problems with enabling these
linux-libre config options, which are needed for powertop to work well,
or are suggestions made by powertop:

1. enable CONFIG_TIMER_STATS kernel option (Kernel Debugging section of
menuconfig; must also have CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y) - needed by powertop
to function well

2. Maybe CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY if possible - this option is required to
get power estimates from powertop (but I think the yeeloong may only
provide apm emulation?)

3. Enable CONFIG_HPET_TIMER - without it kernel wakes up every 20
milliseconds for housekeeping tasks.

If no one thinks they may cause problems, I'll do a test build and then
get lxo a diff against 2.6.32-2-lemote-libre configuration.

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny