Re: [Gnewsense-dev] NetworkManager fails to show its icon in the system

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] NetworkManager fails to show its icon in the system tray
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:18:28 +0100

Graziano ha scritto:

>> Update just finished, try again.
>> (and if it doesn't work I'll cry :P)
>> kk
> not there yet.

Sorry I had the package uninstalled.

Now after a

aptitude update
aptitude dist-upgrade
aptitude install network-manager

and a reboot

the icon is there and the yeeloong is connected by wire but the
network-manager icon still shows the "disconnected icon", the one with
two computers and a small orange triangle.
I repeat wired connection works, it's only network-manager shows the
disconnected icon.

I tried to disable and enable connection again and even to reboot again
but no changes.

Using this nm, I was able to connect immediately to my wpa2 protected
wifi network and it displayed the right "wifi bars" icon so this is a
great enhancement.
Wireless works perfectly to me.

I am using latest linux libre kernel:  (thanks lxo
for the wonderful work!)

Graziano Sorbaioli  |

LibrePlanet Italia