Re: [Gnewsense-dev] NetworkManager fails to show its icon in the system

From: Ziro
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] NetworkManager fails to show its icon in the system tray
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:13:24 +0900

At Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:18:28 +0100,
Graziano wrote:

> Graziano ha scritto:
>
> >> Update just finished, try again.
> >> (and if it doesn't work I'll cry :P)
> >> kk
> >

> > not there yet.
>

> Sorry I had the package uninstalled.
>
> Now after a
>
> aptitude update
> aptitude dist-upgrade
> aptitude install network-manager
>
> and a reboot
>

> the icon is there and the yeeloong is connected by wire but the
> network-manager icon still shows the "disconnected icon", the one with
> two computers and a small orange triangle.
> I repeat wired connection works, it's only network-manager shows the
> disconnected icon.
>
> I tried to disable and enable connection again and even to reboot again
> but no changes.
>

> Using this nm, I was able to connect immediately to my wpa2 protected
> wifi network and it displayed the right "wifi bars" icon so this is a
> great enhancement.
> Wireless works perfectly to me.
>

> P.S.
> I am using latest linux libre kernel: 2.6.32.3-libre-lemote  (thanks lxo
> for the wonderful work!)

I removed the cache and reinstalled network-manager and
network-manager-gnome.  The kernel I am using is
2.6.32.2-libre-lemote.

I confirmed nm-applet showed itself in the system tray as a tiny dot
when using a vertical panel of Xfce (sorry to have forgotten to tell
you about that); it showed the icon appropriately in the system tray
in the horizontal panel of GNOME or in the horizontal panel of Xfce.

(Previous versions of nm-applet showed its icon of the appropriate size
when the vertical panel was used.)

Thanks,
--
Ziro <address@hidden>