Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: PowerPC Hardware

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: PowerPC Hardware
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:36:55 +1030

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 17:44:17 +0200
Lars Nooden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sam Geeraerts wrote:
>
> > There was some work done on PowerPC in the past ([1], [2]), but that
> > info is probably not very useful to work on a metad version.
>
> What is the first step in building metad for PPC, starting from a
> blank machine with no OS at all?  Load Debian first?

Yes. Once you have gNS ppc bootstrapped you can in-place upgrade from
lenny to metad.

Short version:
- install debian
- make yourself a debian mirror (might be optional, but 'its just
easier') using debmirror
- install bzr 2+ (from debian backports)
- branch metad/ and /process-package-lists/ from our bzr repo
- read the doco and come rage at me on irc for it being so crap :)
- ask me or Robert to sync in Debian ppc into our mirrors.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au