Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Some suggestions for metad

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Some suggestions for metad
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:21:51 -0500

El vie, 12-02-2010 a las 08:54 +1030, Karl Goetz escribi├│:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:41:47 -0500
> sirgazil <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'd like to suggest the following changes for metad. I think these can
> > help make users' transition from gNS 2.3 to gNS 3 a bit more smooth.
> >
> > - Change the behavior of Nautilus to always open a browser window.
> > With the default behavior, every time you double click on a folder,
> > Nautilus opens a new window.
> > - Consider if it is useful to have the Window Selector in the
> > top-right corner when there's already a List of Windows in the bottom
> > panel.
> So whats the delta for these? who does the work? who maintains it?

What's a delta?

> > - I think Brasero should be installed by default.
> Why?

Because it is easier to use than the default option. It has an interface
similar to many applications that do the same thing.

> > - The menu Application ┬╗ System Tools, seems out of place to me. If it
> > contains system tools, these should be in the System menu.
> Why?

Because they are system tools not things that common users will use

Karl, it's ok if the developers can't do this because of time or
importance. I'm suggesting them because I don't have the skills to
implement them.