Re: 答复: 答复: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense-MIPS and SiliconMotion video

From: Bernie Innocenti
Subject: Re: 答复: 答复: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense-MIPS and SiliconMotion video driver
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 02:03:56 -0300

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 09:42 +0800, yanhua wrote:
> Hi,Teddy:
>    We can test it. please give us the new sm712 driver.

I had some success with Xorg 1.6.5 from Debian Squeeze and the
siliconmotion driver hosted at freedesktop:

 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-siliconmotion/

Since I won't have the time to work on it for a long time, I'm attaching
all the changes I made to my working tree in the hope they may be useful
to anyone who would like to continue from there.

With these changes applied, X would start without crashing and switch to
a different video mode. Restoring the console on vt switch was also
working. However, the display was totally garbled. Looks like the frame
isn't generated from the same memory region designated as framebuffer by
the driver.

To find what's missing, I suggest comparing the video mode
initialization code in this driver with the equivalent code in the older
driver maintained by siliconmotion. Unfortunately, the code diverged
very much.

If everything else fails, dumping the registers after video mode
initialization in both drivers should help.