Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ogg123 fails on 1-channel files

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ogg123 fails on 1-channel files
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:57:33 +0100

Richard Stallman schreef:
I could play the small file on my YeeLoong. Maybe it's related to ALSA instead of vorbis-tools. Did you try another player besides ogg123 and alsaplayer (e.g. audacious)?

I don't have `audacious' installed; did you mean `audacity'?

Audacious is a lightweight audio player, resembling XMMS. Different back-ends (including ALSA) can easily be set from the configuration menu accessible via its top left corner.

The problem appears to happen only in ogg123, but that doesn't prove the
problem is not in another package.

ogg123 uses libao to get the sound to ALSA. It can be configured in ~/.libao and /etc/libao.conf. ALSA can be configured in ~/.asoundrc and /etc/asound.conf. Of those 4 I only have /etc/libao.conf, wich contains one line:

default_driver=alsa

If your configuration is different then that may cause the problem.